Advocacy - (being understood) combines respect for all participants with the courage to speak your voice, share your insights, and advance the dialogue towards a new understanding of the whole. (L.R. Beaumont)
Response to President Trump Executive Order on Immigration
The MABE board of directors voted
unanimously on Friday, February 3 to approve this statement regarding
the president’s executive order on immigration.
Language Opportunity Coalition - Language Opportunity for Our Kids Bill and Seal of Biliteracy Bill
Seal of Biliteracy Pathway and Distinguished Program Awards Pilot
- Year 2 of awarding the Seal of Biliteracy, an award given by a school or school district in recognition of students who have studied and attained proficiency in English and a second language.
Bilingualism is a GIFT!
- An initiative by the Watertown Public School encouraging families to use their home language everyday.
Guidance for Defining and Implementing Two-Way Immersion and Transitional Bilingual Education Programs
- A collaboration project with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, this document provides greater detail about the key components of effective TWI and TBE programs, highlighting what TWI and TBE programs are and how they can be implemented successfully.
Dual Language Educator License
- Guidance in the Definition and Implementation of Two-Way Immersion and Transitional Bilingual Education Programs - currently a work in progress.
Guidance in the Assessment and Eligibility Process for Special Education Services
- Members of the Dual Language Special Education Network submitted input to the Draft document "Is Special Education the Right Service?" Read feedback submitted March 30, 2016