Advocacy - (being understood) combines respect for all participants with the courage to speak your voice, share your insights, and advance the dialogue towards a new understanding of the whole. (L.R. Beaumont)
Public Comment rationale for the creation of a Dual Language Educator endorsement - April 2017
- Update: The Board of Education did not accept the proposal to create a DLE Endorsement, June 2017. We will keep trying!
Response to President Trump Executive Order on Immigration statement
Language Opportunity Coalition supports the following legislation:
Seal of Biliteracy Pathway and Distinguished Program Awards Pilot
- Year 3 of awarding the Seal of Biliteracy, an award given by a school or school district in recognition of students who have studied and attained proficiency in English and a second language.
Bilingualism is a GIFT!
- An initiative by the Watertown Public School encouraging families to use their home language everyday.
Guidance for Defining and Implementing Two-Way Immersion and Transitional Bilingual Education Programs
- A collaboration project with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, this document provides greater detail about the key components of effective TWI and TBE programs, highlighting what TWI and TBE programs are and how they can be implemented successfully.
Dual Language Educator LicenseAcademic Success Stories of Dual Language Programs in Massachusetts
Guidance in the Assessment and Eligibility Process for Special Education Services
- Members of the Dual Language Special Education Network submitted input to the Draft document "Is Special Education the Right Service?" Read feedback submitted March 30, 2016