Dual Language Special Education Network Meeting
Purpose of Network:
- Networking and mutual support for educators who support dual language (bilingual) special education students, including Special Education, Dual Language and ESL/ELL teachers and adminstrators.
- Supporting the growth of effective practices for dual language learners in the field of Special Education
- Providing professional development needs for special education teachers, staff, and administrators working with dual language learners
- Sharing research and field related program and instructional information regarding special education and dual language learners
Connections to MABE's Goals:
- Promote and disseminate research-based programs and practices supporting bilingualism and multiculturalism for educational success
- Develop relationships and collaborate with community-based, professional and educational organizations serving immigrants, ELLs, and bilingual populations
- Provide mentoring to special educators in order to reduce isolation and provide greater collaboration amongst special educators supporting ELLs.
MABE, MATSOL AND CEC MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING - Special Educators, School Psychologist, Speech and Language Pathologist, and Educational Leaders interested in Special Education Issues (e.g., Moderate Special Needs, Director of Special Education, Institutes of Higher Education, Literacy and Instructional Coaches, Interventionists)
Fee: $25 for meeting registration
Registration here - www.massmabe.org/events
- Payment by check, or credit card. Purchase Order accepted for 4 or more registrations from one school or district.
Location for all meetings: Ashland Public Library, Community Room, 66 Front St., Ashland, MA
Time: 4:30 – 7:30 pm
Certificate of PDP's available for participation in this Network
Schedule for SY'2017-2018
Meeting Dates SY'2018:
- Fall: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - Topic on Practice: Dual Language Learners and the IEP - IEP 1 Student Strengths, ensuring
the inclusion of information on linguistic
and socio-cultural factors
- Winter: Wednesday, January, 24, 2018 - Topic on Practice: Dual Language Learners and the IEP - IEP 3 Other Educational Needs: Communication/Language Needs - Where is
learning in two languages addressed?